Re: Attachment filtering (newbie -ish!)

2002-07-08 08:30:44
Simon Powell wrote:

What I am trying to do (as I hope will be self evident) is filter out
various attachments such as .vbs files.
This has been done many time over and over... check the archives.

To start procmail at boot
Procmail doesn't start at boot.

Procmail runs from the .forward file (or equiv) or from the sendmail config file (or equiv) as each message arrives.

I have a relatively simple 'anti mime' script which strips out all attachments and dumps them into a web-accessible folder (password protected for your safety ;-) but others have no doubt done this more eloquently and better, however it might give you an idea as to how to go about this.

(I've also combined this with a Unix-virus checker that scans the web-accessible folder for virii, but I don't think I've updated the script since then to add it to the archived version)

http://www.tntluoma.com/scripts/procmail/antimime/antimime-v2.1.tgz

TjL