Re: double copies unwanted

2002-07-10 13:37:52
At 15:19 2002-07-10 +0200, Mailing Manager wrote:

I understand that the MTA should do it better, but this is not a problem of
the real address but a confort for the users with more address to see.

I don't follow. If you want the mailboxes treated separatley, then they should be separate mail system users.

The two pluto and ciccio address forward them to all the real users,

No, they don't. You're placing the messages into mailbox files - not forwarding them to other users, not putting them in the system mailbox of another user for retrieval, just separate files within the ONE user's filespace. In any event, you're managing multiple SEPARATE addresses from one account, and that's your problem.

procmail, that i see is a powerful tool useful for thsi purpose.

It is a powerful tool. It however, is not well suited to the specific task you're trying to use it for -- a fact supported by procmail's own manpage:

        'man procmail'  (search for "MTA")

So, all seems to be ok, only for the first message i send for test.
Starting from the second no mail arrive to no address of both.
I found that the formail write the address to lastminute.cache,

My mistake. As indicated in my disclaimer - the recipe is untested (*I* don't use procmail to share one physical mailbox). Change the formail invocation to:

        | formail -D 8192 lastminute.cache

(I erroniously yanked the formail invocation from a vacation recipe, which uses the sender address as an indicator, rather than the messageid - which is what you want to filter for duplicate messages).