Rewriting incoming "From:"

2002-07-18 00:13:36
One of the mail services I use munges the From on incoming mail - an example
is given below - and I would like to reassemble the proper header when I
receive the emails. In the examples user(_at_)account(_dot_)mailshell(_dot_)com
is my email
address, originator(_at_)senderdomain(_dot_)zz is the address from which the
email
came.

From: "Sender's Name"
<originator(_dot_)at(_dot_)senderdomain(_dot_)zz(_at_)user(_dot_)at(_dot_)account(_dot_)mailshell(_dot_)com>
Obviously here I want to replace .at. with @ and rip out
@user.at.account.mailshell.com.

Is it possible to just run the From: through sed or something and then
allowing procmail to continue trying to match it with other recipes (at the
moment the only other thought is to send it through sed and then into
another instance of procmail, but that doesn't seem so efficient)?

--
Gary