Re: Reply with attachement

2002-07-19 08:06:10
From: "Matthias Wulkow" <trespassa(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de>

[Please limit your line-length to something reasonable such as 72 chars.
I have reformatted your text with the text utility "par."]

at this moment I have written a procmailrc which replies to the sender
some information due to a keywork in the subject line.  I would like
to attach a html file to this email, how can I achieve that?  I posted
already a similar question and somebody told me about some program
called "real tools". Until today I haven't found anything about this
program.

I'm not sure why you would need a special separate program to do a
simple thing.  But oh, well.

By the way, as I already posted, my procmailrc works fine, the only
problem I see, is that the mail doesn't reach its destination. It's
replied (most important) but I'd like to receive the mail still.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean.  Probably a language-barrier
issue.  Du kannst mir privat auf Deutsch schreiben, wenn Du willst.

Here is my procmailrc:

VERBOSE=yes
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail/procmail.log
:0
* ^TOftp-admin

What version is your procmail?  If it's newer, you might consider
using ^TO_ instead of ^TO here.  If it's not newer, you should
upgrade.  :-)

* ^Subject:.*ftp-liste
* ! ^X-Loop: ftp-admin(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)net
{

:0 c:
| sudo /usr/sbin/ftp-mail-text.cfg > /etc/ftp-mail-text.txt

I'm not sure what your program does, but I strongly suspect you want
at least the w flag here, and perhaps even W.  See man procmailrc.

:0 h w
| ( formail -r -A "X-Loop: ftp-admin(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net" -I "From:
ftp-admin(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)net" ; cat /etc/ftp-mail-text.txt ) |
$SENDMAIL -oi -t
}

I can't tell for sure from your post, but if you are inserting a line break
after the last pipe,
then you need a continuation slash beforehand:

     ... ) | \
       $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

--
dman