Re: Procmail duplicates our email -and dont deliver-

2002-07-22 12:36:38
At 15:48 2002-07-22 +0000, electronicexpansion ____ wrote:

I configured a Linux box using the "Offline-Mailing" mini howto.

We are using a "catch-all" account to get all the email from foobar.com domain.

You'd be much better off using fetchmail to initiate an ESMTP "ETRN" and xfer mail using the usual SMTP mechanism. Not a topic for this forum, but a considerably better way of doing it, since you're using the *MTA* to do the job of the MTA.

Instead, by using a catch-all, you're handing everybody's email as a single user, and you're going to encounter the exact same problem you are now.

The problem is this:

From the above description of what you're doing, your problem is easily recognized without having to read the description of the problem (which merely verifies it). Search 'man procmail' for "MTA".

An alternate incarnation of the problem is to receive only ONE message regardless of how many recipients there are, and for you to have no end of trouble when someone is BCC'd on a message.

Basically, don't try to use procmail in place of an MTA, because it simply isn't one.

Is there any way to solve this ???

Search usenet or the web for "ETRN", "MTA", and "fetchmail".