Re: Sendmail, Procmail and Virtual Hosting.

2002-07-23 13:49:34
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Humberto Rodriguez wrote:

HR> I tried looking at /var/messages but, for some reason
HR> unknown to me, the file is not there.  I did get a message
HR> once in the daily email that root receives from LogWatch (I
HR> think probably generated during a reboot) which read:

Its /var/log/messages on my Redhat 6.0

HR> NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root): /etc/sendmail.cf: line 148: readcf:
HR> map virtuser: class dbm not available
HR>
HR> But alas, I don't know what it means.  I have been reading
HR> up on Sendmail and so far, I don't understand much about the
HR> installation.  Line 148 is the one that calls the
HR> virtusertable, though:
HR>
HR> Kvirtuser hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable

You need to create the data base from the text file.

makemap hash /etc/mail/virtualusertable < /etc/mail/virtualusertable

On my system, there is a Makefile in /etc/mail.  If you have this, cd to
/etc/mail and type

make

Another possiblity is the /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail, which on my system
makes the maps when sendmail is started.  If you have this in (look in the
"start" section of /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail) you could just restart
sendmail:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart

(... thinks ... are you starting sendmail when you reboot?)

As you are using sendmail aliases, you need to run

 newaliases

as well.  The /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail restart on my system does this as
well.

After that, I'm lost with the virtual hosting stuff.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email may invoke a password autoresponder. )