Re: auto reply recipe

2002-08-06 12:02:56
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Asim Zuberi wrote:

AZ> Guys -
AZ>
AZ> It may be a novice question, but I thought what the heck, I would ask the
AZ> list anyway.
AZ>
AZ> I am looking for a recipe to send a reply to the _defined_ sender that the
AZ> recipient email address is no longer
AZ> active, on receiving an email from the said sender. Lately, I am getting too
AZ> many spams from all over the place,
AZ> and I couldn't figure out a way to unsubscribe myself from their list.
AZ>
AZ> thanks!
AZ> Asim;

You can't unsubscribe from spam mailing lists.  If you can identify the
messages, just dump them to /dev/null.

My experience of spam that gets past the spam traps and hits my
autoresponder is that the return addresses are usually invalid.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )