Re: Hard one for the gurus - Extracting files from a uuencoded mess age

2002-08-14 12:29:29
On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Don Hammond wrote:

On 14 Aug, Odhiambo Washington wrote:

| Just teasing - I know this is like ice cream for the gurus ;-)
|
| Hello there,
|
| I would like to request your help:
|
| I do receive virus definition files updates from the address
| subscribe(_at_)drweb(_dot_)ru on a weekly basis.
|
| The only difficulty I am facing is that the files are UUENCODED into
| the come as the body of the message...something like this:
|
| begin 644 drw42814.zip

[...]

:0b:uue.lock

        You can lock object, but, you can not lock action!
        It must be:

:0 bw

* ^From:(_dot_)*subscribe(_at_)drweb(_dot_)ru
*     B ?? ^begin [0-7][0-7][0-7] \/.*

        BH are the default flags.

*     B ?? ^end$
* 1^3 B ?? ^M
|uudecode >"/path/to/final/destination/$MATCH"

        uudecode has no output. The third field in uucode header is
        the name of the file that the uudecode must create (it is well
        known security hole in old sendmail that have the alias
        uucode: uudecode.   You could send a uucode message with header:
        begin 777 /etc/passwd)
        btw, the second field is the permission that supposed to set by
        uudecode.

Bye,
 Udi