Auto-reply and login

2002-08-15 08:19:02
Hi;

I am still learning my first steps on procmail, so please excuse me for any
boaring question!
Well, the problem is: I wrote an auto-reply recipe, but it only works when I
give the user access to the shell. The users usually do not have access (I use
False instead of any shell especification) to the shell. I don't think allowing
mail users to login is a good idea, so I wonder whether it is possible to make
my recipe work without the need to having shell access. Below, a copy of my
recipe.

:0 h c
* ! ^FROM_DAEMON
* ! ^X-Loop: user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
| (formail -rt \
-A "X-Loop: user(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com" \
-A "Precedence: junk" ; \
cat $HOME/message.msg) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

I'm running Sendmail 8.12.3 on a Linux 7.2

I really appreciate any help.

Thank you in advance.

Bruno.