Matching only after a certain point

2002-08-16 04:43:12
Hey folks.

I was wondering if there was a way to instruct procmail to only apply a
certain set of rules before or after a certain point in the message?

For example, I'd like to only match for non-english characters before
the signature delimeter so that I filter out non-english msgs (mostly ;)
from my mailbox (they are mostly spam, I wont understand what they've
written and my console doesn't display the chars anyway) but leave those
that are in english but have their signature contain bits written in
another language alone.

I can't think of a way to do it short of starting up an external program
and using that... and I'd like to avoid that if possible (my computer gets
busy enough with writing logs to /var/log, a procmail log so that I can
modify my rules when the spam filters throw out a baby and writing to
the mailboxes as mutt tries to read them).

Thanks.

--
   "There was a moo from under the blanket, and I knew it was not a person,
   but a calf."