Re: explination of mailfilter mode please

2002-08-20 08:51:03
Philip explained to Zenn,

| In mailfilter mode, procmail makes to such assumption: procmail
| doesn't set DEFAULT and will only parse the rcfile named on the command
| line.

It also doesn't set ORGMAIL nor check on the sanity of where $ORGMAIL would
have pointed (actually, I thought it did set DEFAULT).

| For example, at a previous job I used procmail's mailfilter mode to
| provide filtering capabilties for the 'webmaster' alias before forwarding
| it on the actual people handling those duties.

For another, I've used procmail in mailfilter mode to slip in between the MUA
and the MTA to work on my outgoing mail.