Re: problems piping to procmail

2002-08-21 05:35:31
From: Nik Tevallyn-Jones <nik(_at_)designer(_dot_)com(_dot_)au>

Basically, I want to skip the rest of this procmail file, and instead
start processing using a different file (exactly as if procmail had
just skipped the rest of this file, and then started processing the
user's $HOME/.procmailrc file).

I had to try different combinations of procmail arguments before I got any
result at all, and even then the things I had to do to make it work preclude
one of the main reasons for the recipe. Here's what I tried:

[long list of attempts deleted]

While you were experimenting and trying things, Nik, did you try
reading "man procmailrc"?

What version of procmail are you using?

In recent versions comes the SWITCHRC directive.  See "man procmailrc"
for more.  I believe it can help here.

Here's a sample use I make of it in my own .procmailrc:

  :0  # rest of rc executed UNLESS called with this var from our test harness
      * HARNESS ?? ^^stop_on_headers^^
    { SWITCHRC }

(The second or subsequent rc-file is named on the command-line.  It could
also be in .forward, I believe.)

--
dman