Re: How to skip sections of a procmailrc file?

2002-08-21 06:17:50
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, Nik Tevallyn-Jones wrote:

Hi all,
[...]
I've considered using formail to add a "skip-me" header, but then I have to
ensure that every SPAM-killer recipe checks for it. If I add a new
SPAM-killer later, and forget to check, then mails will suddenly go missing.

        If I understand you are looking for "goto".  Try to group the
        recipes that you need check the "skip-me" only on time:

recipe #1
recipe #2

:0
* ! "skip-me"
{
        recipe #3
        recipe #4
}

recipe #5
recipe #6

[...]

Q: Are there any other ways I can use to cause procmail to branch before the
end of one procmailrc file, and begin processing using a different file
instead?

        I have no experience but I think that SWITCHRC or INCLUDERC
        can help you.  SWITCHRC works like the command exec in shell
        and INCLUDERC works like the command source in shell ("." in
        sh(1)).

Bye,
 Udi