Storing Mails in a database

2002-08-22 07:03:25
Dear Programmers

This is a small request from a learning pls
take it into consideration and mail me back

I want to store all my mails in a database
i ve a procmail script which will do process needed
for
my project and it has to store the mails in tables
of the database if u help me to solve this problem
it will be of greatest help for me
please help me.
I could'nt find the solution in all the man pages
available if possible please send me the solution i am
a great urge pls reply me with the solution needed
I ve attached my Functional Specification also along
with this mail please
help to overcome my problem
please consider this mail and mail me back with the
needed solution
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!
please!

HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com
                   Functional Specifications for
                   Customer Support Mail System
                          Revision 1.0

                                                          Y.Rabiya

1. Introduction
   1.1 Project Overview
2. Application Environment
   2.1 Coding tools
3.Functional Description
   3.1 Control Flow Diagram
   3.2 Module/Functionality Description
4. References

Functional Specification for customer support mail system

1.Introduction
==============
     The  ultimate object  of  this project  is  to create  a'Customer
Supprot' mail system to all the teams in Nilgiri Networks. This system
is going to be designed in such a way that all the incoming mails will
be sorted out  and then the sorted mails will  be directed towards the
teams(ie  the actual  recipients). In  the meanwhile  the mails  to be
delivered  is  stored in  the  database,  both  these actions  happens
simultaneously.

2.Coding Tools
==============
    This application  is planned to be developed using mysql,
shellscript
and perl.To process the mails the procmail system and formail systems
are used.

3.Functional Description

3.1Control Flow Diagram
=======================

+---------------+
|Incoming Mails |
+---------------+
        |               +------------------------------+
+-------------+
        |               | Process incoming mails using |      |Deliver
the  |
        +-------------->| Procmail and formail.        |----->|mails to
Reci|
                        |                              |      |pients.

                        +------------------------------+
+-------------+

                                        \|/
                                       ----------
                                     (             )
                                       ----------
                                     | Store filtered|
                                     | mails in    |
                                     | respective  |
                                     | tables.     |
                                     (_____________)

3.2.Module/Functionality Description
====================================

All the incoming mails are recieved and the 'procmail' will  process
the
mails and using 'formail' the mails are sorted and the sorted mails in
trun
will be delivered to the teams and stored in the corressponding tables
in
database.

4.References
1.sendmail -Bryan Costales with Eric Allman
2.The Unix Programming  Environment-Brian W.Keringhtan Rob Pike
3.Porcmail,procmailex,procmailrc,formail man pages.