Re: Stopping junk mail (similar recipient usernames)

2002-08-23 11:53:49
A more specific subject helps people locate messages of topical interest.

At 19:21 2002-08-23 +0300, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
From: morthelp0123892636428(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
To: warstein(_at_)usa(_dot_)net
CC: wash(_at_)inetworld(_dot_)net, wash(_at_)mailcity(_dot_)com, wash(_at_)netzone(_dot_)com, wash(_at_)primenet(_dot_)com,
    wash(_at_)skybest(_dot_)com, wash(_at_)tir(_dot_)com,
wash(_at_)wananchi(_dot_)com

At the end of June of this year (read: just two months ago), there was discussion of a filter to count the number of occurrences of a given username portion in the exposed recipient headers. The subject was:

        Scoring Recipe for repeating addresses?

A recipe or two was presented there which would do exactly what you're trying to accomplish here.