Using procmail only as a filter, not MDA/MTA

2002-08-23 23:44:22
Hi-
Fairly new to procmail, so apologies if this is a basic question.

How would I call procmail if I only want to use it purely as a filter, and perhaps to modify headers? I do not want to use it as an MDA or MTA.

I have a custom SMTP server, and I would like to pipe the message to procmail to check and modify if necessary, and let the SMTP server deliver the message.

I am also restricted by how I can call procmail: I can only specify a path in my callout to access procmail.

thanks!