Re: Jari's pm-jalist.rc mailing list identifier

2002-08-26 02:32:37
"David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)panix(_dot_)com> writes:

Andrew asked,

| I am trying getting to get Jari Aalto's pm-jalist.rc to allow
| non-mailing-list mail to "fall off the end".

I hesitate to use anyone else's canned solution-to-everything set of
procmail recipes.

Thanks for your reply, David.

I have come to the same conclusion... I left my (fixed) .procmailrc
running for quite a few hours and it works fine, but not at all in the
way that I want.

[snip useful info about Procmail REs; I learnt a lot]

| Can somebody please help me see the problem here?

Possibilities:

[snip]

3. You have that comment on the condition line in your rcfile and not just in
your post, making the regexp something that will never match, so a condition
that the regexp *not* match will always pass.

Yes, this was the problem.  Now it works fine.  And after letting it
run for a few hours and seeing the results of its filtering, I realise
that it's the wrong solution to my problem ;-)

Andrew.