Re: procmail information

2002-08-26 07:08:24
i want to know that procmail in working with qmail or not
if it is working then what configuration required.

qmail is able to use procmail as a delivery agent and it comes with some
information about how to set it up and with some configuration examples,
I believe.

Whether or not procmail and qmail will interact in the way that you want
is hard to know without knowing if you want to do anything 'unusual'.

Last time I looked there were links to a fair bit of information about
qmail and procmail at http://www.qmail.org

But from the qmail FAQ:

    4.4. How do I use procmail with qmail?

    Answer: Put

       | preline procmail

    into ~/.qmail. You'll have to use a full path for procmail unless
    procmail is in the system's startup PATH. Note that procmail will try to
    deliver to /var/spool/mail/$USER by default; to change this, see
    INSTALL.mbox.

Hope that helps,
Martin
--