Re: Procmail + Spamassassin Installation.

2002-09-04 10:25:24
Thanks Robert, Tony, Peter...

I have downloaded and installed Time::Res - but unfortunately I can't seem to get it installed in the same directory that spamassassin is looking for it - multiple Perl library locations on my system it seems and I don't know how to change my perl's @INC libraries to include the new installation directory for Time::Res...

Now I have a Perl related question:

Does anyone know how to change the Perl config to include a new library location?
Or how to "move" the Time::Res files to an existing perl library?

The install put it in /usr/lib/perl5 - but spamassassin wants it in /usr/local/lib/perl5 ...

Thx,

Jim

Inspired By Music.  Guided By Knowledge.

 Yeah, you need to install Time::HiRes. =)

        /Tony
--

Jim -
I'm not much of an expert, but I can definitely tell you that

At 03:47 PM 9/3/02 -0700, you wrote:
Jim Rota wrote:
> Dear Procmail Users,

> Hughes
>
> I am almost there - finally got my .procmailrc file recognized
> by the system...
>
> But Sendmail warns me, saying "All mail will be processed by
> .procmailrc...these commands will not take effect unless your
>  LOCAL_PROCMAIL feature is set."
>
> What does that mean?  Change the sendmail.cf M4 file to
> include a line that says local_procmail?

Yes, you need:

FEATURE(`local_procmail')dnl

> Also, I'm trying to get it working with Spamassassin...
>
> When I run spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt > nonspam.out
>

> Can't locate Time/HiRes.pm in @INC <@INC contains: ../lib lib
>  /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i686-linux . /usr/local/bin/lib
> /usr/local/bin/site_perl ../share/spamassassin/lib ...etc.
> etc. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> lib/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 66 Compilation failed in require
> at /usr/local/bin/spamassassin line 68.
>>>>>

> Can someone please explain this error?

You don't have the perl module Time::HiRes.pm (and ... sorry ...
may find other modules missing after you solve this one). Go to:

http://www.cpan.org/modules/01modules.index.html

get  Time-HiRes-1.35.tar.gz

tar xzf  Time-HiRes-1.35.tar.gz

cd Time-HiRes-1.35
perl makefile.PL
make
make tests
make install

Bob L.
--
Robert Lynch   Berkeley CA USA  rmlynch(_at_)pacbell(_dot_)net