Re: Postprocessing - procmail hang?

2002-09-05 20:12:14
Conn Copas <Conn(_dot_)Copas(_at_)dsto(_dot_)defence(_dot_)gov(_dot_)au> writes:
It's the usual "having problems with postprocessing" question, but with what I
think is a slightly different slant. My test problem is ultra-simple: take a
mbox which consists of a single saved message, and write it out to a second
file. But procmail seems to hang after creating the lock file, and never
performs the write. I am aware of the clashes that can occur with the OpenLook
mailtool, but in this case I am _not_ trying to read my mail spoolfile, just an
arbitrary test file. The procmail version is 3.11pre7, running on a Sun Ultra
Sparc, Solaris 5.6. I know, it's all out of date, but it's out of my control
and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Is the target file on an NFS filsystem?  If yes, what OS is the NFS
server?  Was that filesystem included in the directories for procmail's
locking tests when it was compiled?  Are there any other processes
that could have that file locked?  Does it work for other files in that
same directory?

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

Don't reset the PATH in your rcfile unless you have a reason to.

Philip Guenther