Re: Stupid question about external file

2002-09-10 10:47:55
At 10:57 2002-09-10 -0600, Krispy Kreme wrote:

[snip]

The recipe doesn't work, and even with the high log level

What high log level are you referring to? I don't see "VERBOSE=ON" anywhere in your recipe.

I've tried the .familylist file both with each address on a separate line and with all the addresses on a single line.

Well, uh, you're expanding it with cat, so when it ends up in a variable, it'd darn well appear like a one-line regexp.

Since you're running an external process to expand the file (cat), why not just use grep to match it in the first place?

FAMILY=$HOME/.familylist
:0:
* $? formail -xTo: -xCc: | grep -i -f $FAMILY
$MLDIR/\(Personal\)/Family

Then, use one-per-line addresses in the file. I'm not rightly sure why you're filtering on who it is TO, rather than From: though, but I assume you have your reasons.

(I searched the archives and google extensively, and though I found various discussions of this type of recipe I never found anything that talked about the format of the source file)

You might have heard about this "type" of recipe, but if you did, surely there was example code there, which wouldn't appear like what you have.

Check out "sandboxing", linked from my disclaimer, which would help you diagnose such problems much easier.