Re: how many emails do i have to send requesting to be removed from this list?

2002-09-11 17:42:29
At 09:33 2002-09-12 +1000, q did say:

I've tried the usual methods.

Check out the UNSUBSCRIBE FAQ:

Pay particular note to the bit about those curious URLs in the message headers.

Please - just remove me from this list.

CLUE IN: the *MEMBERS* of this list cannot remove you from this list, so repeatedly sending your requests here won't do you the least bit of good (though, eventually, somebody might get clever with some procmail recipes). I suggest that the next time you sub to *ANY* list, you pay attention to the unsub instructions you receive within the list greeting.

FTR, I had to go back just over a year in the archives to find your lone post to the procmail list (which wasn't a request to be removed), so if you've been sending requests, you've been dumping them in a black hole someplace. For some reason though, the past day has had a run on people who don't understand that listmembers don't have the authority to unsubscribe other listmembers, and that it is each person's own responsibility to manage their own subscription.