Re: Procmail Installation (Stupid Issue) Plz help

2002-09-15 11:57:50
At 11:11 2002-09-15 -0700, Shahid Muhammad Shafi did say:
I am trying to Install Procmail 3.22 on Solaris 8. I downloaded the packgage from sunfreeware.com and use pkgadd to add the package. It installed successfully and after that i checked for version etc.

procmail -v

procmail: command not found.

Well, uh, how's about YOU determine WHERE the package installed it. Procmail is officially distributed as a _source_ tarball at <http:/www.procmail.org> -- if you have a "package", it was produced by some third party, and has who-knows-what sort of layout. Check the package installer to find out where IT thinks it was placing the binaries.

Or, use 'find' to locate the procmail program on your drive.