Re: notifying users of blocked spam

2002-09-25 06:57:17
Andy McKell wrote:
Can anyone point me at how I can notify users by email to say "An email to
you from xxx(_at_)xxx(_dot_)xxx has been blocked because..."?

Easiest way is to replace the body of the message itself, and let it pass
on through... presuming that the blocking action takes place in the context
of delivery to the user in question, of course.

You may need to replace/rewrite some message headers, if the blocked
message was multipart. Simplest is probably to make sure the Content-Type
is text/plain in all cases; you can just do that with formail.

--

Fred Morris
m3047(_at_)inwa(_dot_)net