Re: Newbee shell problem

2002-09-30 15:15:24
On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, raphael wrote:

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:38:51PM +0300, Udi Mottelo wrote:

DATE=\"`formail -xDate:`\"
DATEFILE=`date -d $DATE +%y-%m-%d`

DATE=`formail -xDate:`
DATEFILE=`date -d "$DATE" '+%y-%m-%d'`

    I did not try it, but this is the direction.

Damn, you didn't have to, now did you :-) Works like a charm, and I even
think I got the clue. IOU.

        O.K.  Now you can (if you want to) do little improve - I think
        that Alan Clifford gave you two good advises.  First, use the
        MATCH to find out the date instead of calling formail!
        Second, using the "+%s" in the date(1) command is better then
        makeing a string "yy-mm-dd"  But, it is for my taste only and
        depend on yours intention.

B,
 Udi