Re: why he give wrong output

2002-10-01 23:35:48
At 11:46 2002-10-02 +0500, zafar wrote:
 i want to check the word begin with (for example)
"filter" ,but recipe give wrong output.

It's giving the correct output for what you told it to do.

i use thecharacter which check at the begininig of the line.

What character would that be?

:0:
* ^Subject:.*mail
/home/vpopmail/domains/virtual.example.com/rizvi/Maildir/.Trash/

Time to read up on "regular expressions"

:0:
/blah/blah/blah

'.*' means match zero or more of ANYTHING.  ANYTHING includes other words...

'[ ]*' (space and TAB inside brackets) means to match zero or more space symbols before the word, but NOTHING ELSE.