Re: Nesting and feed (f) option

2002-10-05 08:13:03
In your message dated Fri, 4 Oct 2002 23:08:21 +0100, Martin McCarthy said
that ...

 I don't recall the f flag being called a 'feed' option before.  It
 doesn't do what I believe you think it does!  The *filter* flag changes
 the content of the mail that procmail is processing.  It changes the
 content of the mail (or the mail header in this case) to be whatever is
 sent to stdout by the shell command given.

My error, the man pages threw me here, they say the f FEEDS the message,
etc, but then follow up to say "This is called filter mode".

 In your case,

    :0hif:
    | echo $MATCH >> $USERDIR/blacklist

 all the output of echo is redirected to a file and the shell command has
 nothing on stdout.  So you've just removed you mail's headers.

Yep, that's exactly what's happening on my test messages.

 I think you don't want the f flag at all here, just 'hic' instead.

 Hope that helps,

It sure does, Thank you Martin.

--
Best Regards,