Re: spurious log entries, skipping

2002-10-05 11:18:13
At 11:13 2002-10-05 +0200, Andy McKell, FOCUS Internet did say:
My spam log files (not verbose) are filling-up with lines such as

procmail: Skipped "OB:"
procmail: Skipped "O:"

Every arriving mail generates a couple of hundred of these as it runs through every test
Any ideas on how to stop this?

If you enabled VERBOSE, you'd easily be able to peg down which recipes any given warning is associated with.

Then, fix your broken filters. Flag lines *START* with a colon, not end with one (well, they can end with one, but the point is that they're supposed to start with one). Also, that's probably supposed to be a ZERO ('0'), not an OH ('O'), as you have it in the messages above. There is no 'O' flag.

If you had run these filters in a sandbox, you might have caught these errors BEFORE putting them into live use (where botched filters can result in LOST email). Consider re-thinking your testing methodology.