Re: Score and _AND_

2002-10-10 14:02:27
On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, David W. Tamkin wrote:

[...]
| :0 B
| * 1^0 word1
| * 2^0 word2
| * 4^0 word3
| * 8^0 word4

Now *that* -- where we're not counting the appearances -- is the place to
use every power of ten.  Powers of two are not so good; once you get a total
score you'd need to call an outside program to convert it from decimal to
binary so that you could parse it or go through some nasty subtractions.

        I did not think to convert the resolt, you can work on the number
        as string and check: if  $=  match "11" I you will know that "word3"
        is missing.  But you right, it will be much more readable to see the
        "0" instead of "1" in the  word3's slot (1011).
                                                  ^

Thanks,
 Udi