Using Procmail as a filter for all outgoing mail...

2002-10-28 10:54:26

I've been using procmail as my local mailer, but I would like to use it as a
pre-processor for all mail that goes out of my system:

I want to be able to use the /etc/procmailrc file to process not only the
incoming mail for local users, but also any mail that goes out of the
system...

The need arised from us wanting to add a disclosure note and an image to
every mail that leaves our system. Our mail server is a relay server for the
Microsft Exchange Server. So users don't use the mail server directly to
send out mail, but use the Exchange server. The Exchange server then
delivers the mail to the mail server and the mail server delivers the mail
out.

Is it possible to use procmail for such a purpose? If not any suggestions
how to do it either with sendmail/procmail or Microsoft Exchange??

Thanks..

-Erdem Ozsaruhan