Re: Howto split message attachment parts (was: man pages...)

2002-11-01 08:24:50

On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, rabi wrote:

Hello

Can u please tell me as how can split an attachment from the mail.
If yes pls mail me back as soon as possible. already i wrote  a
perl program that is parsing the mail but if any mail comes with an
attachment is is in the MIME format and it comes with the mail body
so kindly help me  to solve this problem. I know this is really a
silly matter that u all can solve it within a couple of  hours

        Try to use metamail(1):
o#!/bin/sh
METAMAIL_TMPDIR=$dir
export METAMAIL_TMPDIR
sed -e '/^Content.*multipart\/alternative/s/\/alternative/\/mixed/' |
metamail -r -y -w -q -x

        Now, you will find the parts of the message in $dir
        If you set the METAMAIL_TMPDIR in yours filerc you do not
        need the two first lines.  (You can do all the job from
        procmailrc too)

Thanks

rabiya

[???]

        (Please, If you have a questions just ask the mailing list.
         And use a resonable subject)

Bye,
 Udi