Re: I need logfiles

2002-11-18 03:34:00
On 17/11/02 12:48, Max J. Werner wrote:
Hi,
I'm writing a replacement for mailstat and I need logfiles for testing
purposes.

I know that requesting answer by personal mail is kind of against the
netiquette but in this case I think it would avoid much traffic on the
list.

I should mention that my version of mailstat can be found at
http://maxwerner.dyndns.org/~mwerner/mailstat

Here some advantages of my mailstat over the procmail-mailstat:

1. up to 4.7 times faster (= 78.5 % faster).
2. it depends only on two components: 'Perl' and the module 'Getopt::Std'
   which both are included in most default installations.
   In comparison the procmail-mailstat depends on 3 main components which
   are 'sed', 'sort' and 'awk'.
3. because the procmail-mailstat uses tools such as sed and awk, someone
   who wants to add components to the script has to know both of these
   tools deeply which is not very easy sometimes.
4. my implementation is much more easier to read and understand. So
   additions will be very easy to implement. Perl is by the way easier
   to learn than sed and awk together.
4. the output of my implementation is nicer.
5. my implementation treats empty lines right. The procmail-mailstat
   seems to treat empty lines as emails and shows them in its output.

Bye,
Max
--
Support the fight against censorship on the Internet in Germany
http://www.odem.org/informationsfreiheit/