Extracting header

2002-11-18 09:17:02
Greetings all.  I'm having some trouble with my munging recipe.  A list
member helped me fix the regex to match userids at my domain and munge
them.  I'm trying to extract the header with formmail -X "" (found that in
a FAQ somewhere) and include it in the message after a block of generic
text.  Unfortunately the best luck I've had to so far is (this is sad)
when I made a typo.

# This is Sean's
:0
* ^Subject:[    ]*\/[^  ].*
{
         SUBJECT=$MATCH
}

:0 c
* $ ! ^X-Spam-Loop: $BOUNCER
{
        :0f
        | sed -e
"s/\<[-+_a-zA-Z0-9]*(_at_)[-_a-zA-Z0-9\(_dot_)]*sktc\(_dot_)net/MUNGED(_at_)sktc(_dot_)net/gi"
 | \
          formail  -I ReSent \
                   -I X-Envelope-To:

        :0 fhw r
        | sed -e H -e '$ G'

        :0f
#       * $ formail -X ""
#       {
#       HEADER=$MATCH
#       }
        | (cat $AUTOREPLY/$BOUNCEMSG - | \
        $FORMAIL-rt; formail -I "Subject: [email]  $SUBJECT" \
                -I "To: macdaddy(_at_)sktc(_dot_)net" \
                -I "X-Spam-Loop: $BOUNCER" \
                -A "From: $BOUNCER") | \
                $SENDMAIL -t -f $BOUNCER

        :0:
        munged
}

To be honest I'm not sure what the 2nd sed line is doing in there or why I
commented out the formail -X lines.  I did this late last night. :( I
pulled the sed line either out of a FAG, tips page, or mailing list
archive.  The typo was not having a space between $FORMAIL and -rt.  That
puts the header in the message like expected oddly enough.  When I add the
missing space, the header is nolonger included.

The munging works just fine.  It was late when I realized that I wasn't
including the headers from the munged messages in the forwarded text.
I'm going to use this recipe for auto-reporting to the FTC and NANAS.

Does anyone see any glaring mistakes?  I can't for the life of my figure
out why the recipe is working in its current form.  The original thread
can be found here

Thanks

Justin