Re: getting emails from a POP3 server

2002-11-19 03:54:35
On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:42:40AM +0100, Evangelos Stergiou wrote:

   Hi all,

   I am a newbie to procmail and Sendmail.

   I am trying to setup a mailinglist server using procmail and Smartlist
   (I am using postfix with procmail).

   The problem is that I want to setup my mailinglist server on a
   different server from my usual POP3 mail server.

   To solve this, I can create 2 accounts on my POP3 : one for
   [1]mylist-request(_at_)mydomain and one for [2]mylist(_at_)mydomain

   but how can I instruct procmail to regurarly go get emails adressed to
   those 2 accounts on my POP3 server?

   I have found no instruction in any manual.

Use fetchmail not procmail, it isn't procmail's job to do this sort of
thing.  See www.tuxedo.org/~esr/fetchmail/ for information about
fetchmail, it's pretty easy to set up for a simple POP3 collection job
like this.

--
Chris Green (chris(_at_)areti(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)