Re: stripping lines from the body

2002-11-20 14:05:50
On Wed, 20-Nov-2002, at 12:58:53 -0700, Don Hammond wrote:
Yes, either that or:

  :0A:
  $MLDIR/...

Functionally they're the same, so it's a matter of taste I guess. Don't
forget the trailing colon to lock the file either way.

You know, that does look better than having this inside the braces. Dunno why, it just feels like a "better" style.

Is there any difference in the speed? Does evaluating the A take longer than cascading to the next step inside the braces?

Maybe not even in this specific example, but in general is it better to chain these than stack everything up inside braces?

Using A and E it seems that I could eliminate some repetitive recipes.

--
There is no Satan.  That's just god when he's drunk.