Re: procmail and exim

2002-11-25 14:42:43
On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Mike Arrison wrote:

    I'm trying to setup procmail on an exim system that I do not
control.  My .forward file looks like:

|/usr/bin/procmail && -f- || exit #dummy

Are you sure that's the right syntax. It doesn't look like the
example in man procmail. Did you delete something between && and
-f-. -f- is a flag to procmail.

Are you sure that exim has the .forward file enabled?

It it does, does it also have a router to allow delivery by
procmail using .procmailrc.

You may be also able to use exim filter rules in your .forward
file, and forget about procmail altogether ;-)

My .procmailrc is a set of valid recipes (it works elsewhere), but all I
see as output is "can't even send to arrison" as an error from
fetchmail.

Is fetchmail using procmail as the delivery agent, or is exim
handling it?

--
Greg Matheson