Re: playing specific sound

2002-12-04 19:15:32

This seemed to work:

FROMHEADER=`formail -c -rtz -x To:`
# play sound
DUMMY=`test -f "${PMDIR}/mailsounds/${FROMHEADER}.wav" \
  && play "${PMDIR}/mailsounds/${FROMHEADER}.wav" > /dev/null`

I'm a bit worried about funny email address going into the file name, such
as

" alan @ "@example.com

Am I getting the quotes correct so that the file name with spaces will
appear correctly to the shell?

Now to find a text-to-speech translator for the subject line ...

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )