Re: Ending variable necessary?

2002-12-09 11:00:32
At 12:01 2002-12-09 -0500, Jefferis Peterson wrote:
Assuming I want to capture all the spam from
3DBooks2003(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)uk(_dot_)com

If you want to catch all the spam from that address, you should perhaps match against that address.

Is it necessary to ad the .* at the end of the recipe? Or  Does it do any
harm?

Wastes cycles. If "ZERO or more of ANYTHING" matches, then why check for it in the first place?