Re: STDOUT output?

2002-12-13 08:15:09

Thank you David,

As a matter of fact, I am running in -m mode. Thank you :-)

As a very simple test I created an rcfile like this:

DEFAULT=|

:0
| echo "TEST"

In the hopes to get "TEST" on STDOUT.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. Am I missing something?

Ricardo

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:07:48 -0600 "David W. Tamkin" wrote:

Ricardo asked,

| I was trying to figure out if there's a way for procmail to output to
| stdout, such that "echo" output could be captured by a program that runs
| procmail? This is for a scenario where procmail is being run via some
| other program, not the MTA.

This might work only if procmail is invoked in mailfilter mode (the -m
option), but a recipe where the action line is just a pipe symbol,
like this:

 :0 flags
 * conditions

will write to stdout, and

 DEFAULT=|

in the rcfile will make writing to stdout the default delivery.  If
you invoke
procmail without -m, stdout is usually not open.