Re: testing YAVR and other recipes

2003-02-03 11:15:29
Bill Wilson wrote:

Hi.

I would like to filter viruses in our incoming mail.

I set up YAVR and I would like to test it. What is the best procedure to
test this, or >other virus recipes without getting infected? Where do I get
the viruses to test? Are >there any other recipes besides YAVR that do not
require 3rd party anitvirus >applications?

Thanks,
Bill

well.. I am testing YAVR before every release with my own collection of
viruses and I also get feedback from some users of it that say that works ok
for what it is supposed to do.
here is a list I just did to the /virus/ dir of a friend:

-rw-r-----   1 xxxx     xxx        221449 Feb  3 19:01 nigeria-scam
-rw-r-----   1 xxxx     xxx             0 Jan 12 23:45 virus-Exploit-IFrame
-rw-r-----   1 xxxx     xxx       1232256 Feb  3 19:40 virus-Klez
-rw-r-----   1 xxxx     xxx         78817 Jan 26 19:47 virus-Nimda
-rw-r-----   1 xxxx     xxx        228046 Jan 30 00:00 virus-SirCam
-rw-r-----   1 xxxx     xxx        179505 Feb  3 18:25 virus-Sobig

I'd also love to hear results from your tests!
Besides EICAR here are some other urls that might help not only you but
everyone that wishes to test a recipe:

http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

http://www.declude.com/tools/mailsend.html