limiting scope of LOGFILE

2003-02-04 09:11:01
I have a couple groups of similar conditions in my procmailrc file.
Without breaking the file up into several and calling them with
INCLUDERCs, I'd like to log the LOGABSTRACTs from each of these groups
into it's own logfile.

Here's what I'd like to do:

LOGFILE=/the_log_file

        LOGFILE=/logfile a

        :0
        * similar condition a 1
        /folder a 1

        :0
        * similar condition a 2
        /folder a 2

        LOGFILE=/logfile b

        :0
        * similar condition b 1
        /folder b 1

        :0
        * similar condition b 2
        /folder b 2
}

# LOGFILE here should default back to /the_log_file
:0
* some more conditions
/some more deliveries

I'd like to do something like this so I don't have to explicitly set the
LOGFILE back to the default LOGFILE after each grouping ends.  Problem is,
when I get to the recipes at the end, their LOGFILE is still set to the
last value of LOGFILE from within the curly brackets.

Is there a way to limit the scope of the LOGFILE variable to within the
curly brackets?