Re: plussing

2003-02-07 14:28:02
At 13:56 2003-02-07 -0700, LuKreme did say:
Nope, stalker is a mailserver for MacOS (pre OS X).

Okay, I'd have verified with the companies website, but as I said, it wasn't responsive (from multiple points of presence, I might add) when I checked.

Sorry bub, looks like you're dealing with a braindead ISP. I presume that you must fetch mail from them?

them is me.

So, you're running a MacOS system, AND a *nix box (on which you obviously run Procmail, whether that's OSX or Linux, or whatever), yet you don't just have the email come into the *nix box to start with?

I'm sure you've got your reasons for doing it that way, but what can I say? Bummer. I believe you'd have a lot more control (and could tap a lot more collective experience) if you were running a standard *nix MTA. Perhaps not point-n-click control, but improved control nonetheless. You'd also have a higher degree of procmail integration.

Does Stalker even support DNSBLs? Besides Procmail integration, that alone would be a major reason to swich.

Oh, and support for plussed addresses. <g>