Re: {URGENT][Help needed][Mail Spliting Problem]

2003-02-09 23:33:39
I guess, am confusing all a lot.
let me rephrase my problem and my observation.. kindly bare with me...

I use Debian woody with the following
Exim
Fetchmail
Procmail

My setup is like this...

The above Debian machine (fechmail) to pull mails from remote Mail Server.
remote server has virtual email ids.. and those mail fall in a common account common_pop

the fetchmail pulls the mail from remote mail server (common_pop account) to local debian machine)

at the time when the mail is pulled, i use PROCMAIL to split the mails of common_pop to individual mailboxes based to To field....

if the To field = regina(_at_)remotehost(_dot_)com
the mail will go to regina mailbox locally (/var/spool/mail/regina)

if the To field = vpai(_at_)remotehost(_dot_)com
the mail will go to vpai mailbox locally (/var/spool/mail/vpai)

The above scenarios work properly...

but when a mail in the common_pop account has to be To headers , e.g. regina(_at_)remotedomain(_dot_)com,vpai(_at_)remotedomain(_dot_)com,sysadmin(_at_)remotedomain(_dot_)com
the mail goes to the first maibox with 3 copies of the same mail.
in my case....
my .procmailrc file has the following entry

0:
* ^To regina(_at_)remotehost(_dot_)com

! regina(_at_)localserver(_dot_)linuxlocal(_dot_)com

0:
* ^To vpai(_at_)remotehost(_dot_)com

! vpai(_at_)localserver(_dot_)linuxlocal(_dot_)com

<snip>

when are the to many To header , all mails goes to regina mailbox in localserver.linuxlocal.com.

But i want respective local mailboxes like regina, vpai, sysadmin.

Please let me the configuration change...

Thanks in Advance
Ganeshh