Re: Disappearing mail

2003-02-11 03:11:32
On Monday, Feb 10, 2003, at 15:48 Canada/Mountain, dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote:
[Krispy Kreme] LuKreme <kremels(_at_)kreme(_dot_)com> wrote:

The trouble is, the message in question is NOT in the mailbox.  I
opened the "Family" mailbox file and verified by searching for the
subject.  Besides, it should have been the last message in the mailbox
at the time.

This has happened occasionally in the past, but I've never been able to
track down exactly when.  How can the mail NOT be in the mailbox when
procmail didn't report an error?

This sounds like the infamous old "From_" bug, where the first letter
or two from the leading From_ gets mangled.  It needs to be present
as the first line of a message for Berkeley Mail folders to work.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I opened the mailbox in vim and searched. It was not a "^rom " problem. The entire message just was NOT there.