Re: Extra information when logging

2003-02-11 10:14:58
On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 07:21:15AM -0500, dman(_at_)nomotek(_dot_)com wrote:
"Tony L. Svanstrom" <tony(_at_)svanstrom(_dot_)com> wrote:

CS> marginal, I hunted around the usual places, but found nothing rel=
evant.

I'm skeptical.  Did you "hunt around" in, say, the list archives,
linked from www.procmail.org?  As in doing, e.g., a search for
"logging"?

 From `man procmailrc`

        LOG         Anything  assigned  to  this  variable will be
                   appended to $LOGFILE.

 Is that enough for you to know what to do?

Not really I want an atomic write of the information, with this method
the message could very well not appear proximate to the "normal" log
information. So, yes, I was aware of it, but I have no control over
whether it gets written *together* with the standard information.

Perhaps I should have mentioned that, since it appears to be useful, but
in this case is not.
What I really want to see I guess is the ability to define in procmailrc
what it will log when logging is on. That would be a very useful patch.
The verbosity option is not useful IMO.

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson