Spammish - DATA

2003-02-16 09:47:23
Appended is the "report" for the first 83 messages received today (since
midnight).  56 messages were spam.  One (not included in the report) is a
probable spam; but I have to verify it.

FROMLIST is a list of known spammer domains - I'm trying to get rid of it.
(The hits are only if the domain is in the ^From line.)

Any one of these hits (in my limited experience) is sufficient to
designate a message as spam.  (It has been pointed out to me that that is
not necessarily so in at least a couple of instances.)

I won't do this again - so please don't holler at me.  If you see anything
interesting; I'm willing to discuss it.

      4 SPAM: ADV - Subject: begins with ADV:
      1 SPAM: BASE64 - base64 encoded html
      5 SPAM: BLANKS - Subject: contains excess spaces
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=123winners.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=astronet.com
      3 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=currentmail.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=e-clk.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=emailfactory.com
      2 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=emailwow.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=enhancedemailmarketing.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=hyper-mail.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=joefuzz.com
      6 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=mb00.net
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=mxdat.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=opti9.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=play4keeps.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=purepost.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=pxlg.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=qualityemail.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=savingssentinel.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=sbase30.com
      3 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=servitall.com
      1 SPAM: FROMLIST - Return-Path=unBEElievableOffers.net
      1 SPAM: FROMVSDOM - from aol.com with non-matching message-id
      2 SPAM: FROMVSDOM - from hotmail.com with non-matching message-id
      3 SPAM: FROMVSDOM - from yahoo.com with non-matching message-id
      2 SPAM: MSGID - contains no domain (lacking @)
     14 SPAM: MSGID - message-id assigned by raq2.paxp.com
      2 SPAM: MSGID - message-id assigned by something.localdomain
      1 SPAM: MSGID - message-id starts with MID
      2 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 01 - nnnnnnhnhhnn$hhhnnnnn$nnnnnnnn@
     11 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 04 - nnnnnnnnnn.nnn(n|nn|nnn)@
      1 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 10 - aaaaaa$aaaaaa@
      3 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 12 - nnnnn_nnnnn_nnnnnnnnnnnn~
      1 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 14 - nnnnnnnn.nn(n).nnnnnnnnn(n)@
      1 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 19 - nnnn.nn.nn.mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm@
      1 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 20 - aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnbbb@
      1 SPAM: MSGID - pattern 22 - lllllll(l)(l)@
      1 SPAM: NOBODY - Received: from Anonymous
      7 SPAM: NOBODY - Received: from daemon(_at_)localhost
      1 SPAM: NOBODY - Received: from unknown [127.0.0.1]
      3 SPAM: NOTME - Not addressed to me or any of my domains
      1 SPAM: RTRNPTH - pattern 1 - Return-Path: <bb-b
      2 SPAM: STDERR - From contains fleet(_at_)stderr
      1 SPAM: UNDISCLOSED - addressed to
Undisclosed(_dot_)Recipients(_at_)durendal(_dot_)skynet(_dot_)be>
      1 SPAM: XTRACK - contains X-flag Source
      2 SPAM: XTRACK - contains X-flag XTRACK

PS: in the patterns -
n = [0-9]