Re: Am I the only one who...

2003-02-21 15:08:32
At 15:33 2003-02-21 -0500, Stan Ryckman did say:
<GRUMBLE>
Am I the only one who doesn't like it when mailing lists change
the "From_" address without telling anyone?  Messes up
the filtering...

Yea.  Seems especially ironic on a discussion list about mail filtering.

So *this* list is now "From procmail-bounces(_at_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)"
instead of "From procmail-admin(_at_)(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_)", in case anyone
else is
wondering why their procmail list messages are winding up in
the wrong place.

Heh, I noticed that the morning of the 18th shortly after the change took place. Messages ended up getting heaved by my CC filter (procmail addressed, but not matching my "actually from the procmail list" filter). Simply updated the rule and ran the compressed cc mailbox through a simple recovery script (yanking just those procmail-bounces messages) that throws them back at my account for local delivery (of course, not directly from the cc mailbox).