MATCH question

2003-02-21 21:02:03
I was playing in my sandbox this evening and noticed that I was using

* $MATCH ?? something

and that the examples in recent list messages I've seen use

* MATCH ?? something (ie, MATCH without the dollarsign)

I switched back and forth in the recipe I was using and found that there
appeared to be no difference in output and the log (VERBOSE) made no
notice of anything wrong either way.

I assume (because of all the examples I see) that this usage without the
dollarsign is correct; but if so, shouldn't I have gotten some sort of
error in the log when I used the "wrong" version?

                                - fleet -