Re: Procmail and EXIM

2003-02-28 15:31:07
Poff said:
Forgive me if this is the wrong list,

any other subscribers using EXIM and procmail?

The .forward thing isn't supported with EXIM, so I had to use this
"cpanel" thing to forward mail to /usr/bin/procmail instead.

This doesn't work great as I have a catch-all email and otherwise would
have to forward each address to procmail individually.

Well, any testimonies? Exim has it's own filter system but I prefer the
procmail way.

Poff

The default exim install for debian automatically recognizes the existence
of a .procmailrc in user's home directories and feeds inbound mail to
procmail that way. No need for a .forward (though it IS supported, but
through some funky command format in the .forward file).
When I set up the system exim was delivering everything to
/var/mail/username -- as soon as I created a /home/username/.procmailrc
mail got piped to procmail.

'74 Passenger Bus (to be renamed -- 'LifeSaver' doesn't feel right)
'69 Bug -- AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
http://www.phorce1.com
http://www.buskatiers.org