Redirect file vs forward file

2003-03-06 12:26:54
So new to procmail I haven't been able to get a test recipe to work yet.

My mail goes to various aliases I maintain for my domain, as hosted by
www.hostway.com; I've been using a .redirect file to forward mail sent to
these aliases to my 'real' e-mail address maintained by a separate ISP.

I believe, but don't know for sure, that the .redirect file is processed
before the .forward or .procmail files; this is interfering with getting the
test recipe to work. I've searched Google for references to this problem,
but haven't found anything helpful. I think I have to comment out the
aliases in the .redirect file --- but I'm not sure what to do after that.
Tips/suggestions would be very welcome.